Monday, July 07, 2008

This boy has expensive taste


Ask Holden what he wants for dinner. You may be surprised by the answer.


He won't eat peanut butter and jelly or spaghetti, mac and cheese isn't his favorite and you would be hard pressed to get him to eat pizza even if it's cheese. Basically, for the past year and half the kid has lived on cheese, bread, eggs, yogurt, fruit and edamame. Recently that has started to change.


He now wants salmon or mahi mahi or kobe beef. We go out to dinner and his meal usually costs more than ours! No longer are we ordering off the kids menu. This weekend in Boracay he had a tuna fillet and loved it as well. He wanted salmon for breakfast but go figure, salmon is a little hard to come by here. The kid loves it and he will finish off the plate. I have always heard that boys will eat you out of house and home as they grow and now we will have two of them to do that for us! I am NOT going to introduce him to sushi, that could get a little spendy. Oh well, at least he is eating something.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I remember a post about a year ago when you asked if it was okay for a kid to eat grilled cheese every day for breakfast lunch and dinner...isn't it funny how a little time changes everything???
Lily loves shrimp more than anything in this world and it always makes me chuckle -- but I always requested steak and shrimp for my birthday dinner, so I can't blame these kids with great taste!
And I've never had the privilege of trying kobe beef -- but I hear it's amazing. Yes?