Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

These are a few of my favorite things!

Five years between kids leaves the powers that be plenty of time to come up with new baby gadgets and things labeled as "must-haves." I am a sucker for new gadgets that make my life easier/cuter/more convenient/happier.

Babylegs. I laughed (out loud) when I first saw these little leg warmers in bright colors and fun patterns. I thought what a waste of money. Guess what. I LOVE THEM. I love them because I live in Manila where babies go from cold aircon to hot humid and muggy twenty times a day and layering is kind of important. I love them because they are colorful and match nothing and I love them because when I see them on my twig-legged little man they make me smile.


Metrowrap (in bling) pirate booty to be specific. Finnroe is a snuggle-bug. He won't wake, won't cry, won't budge when he is wrapped close to me in his pirate gear. You should see the looks we get. He snuggles in so well that folks here can't tell if I am pregnant, have a tumor or am smuggling a dog or baby around. But hey at least we have some glamour when we are out and about.



Bugaboo. Ah the zen stroller. Manila is NOT stroller friendly. Bumpy sidewalks, stairs with no ramps, elevators that don't always work. It's easier to wrap and carry the deuce around but when we do decide to take the stroller out and about, the bugaboo is the way to do it. Not only that BUT Nate recently did a number on it and they have THE BEST customer service EVER. The warranty is 2 years and they are replacing our defective one when we are stateside early next year. They obviously don't outsource their customer service and you certainly do get what you pay for with bugaboo!
Last but not least (and I am sure there is more to come) Zara Kids. Cute soft and the ONLY thing that will fit littlest guy right now. I just wish they had a bigger selection in Manila.

No comments: